Listen to the full episode here:
This week, we are joined by Meg Mathews – founder of MegsMenopause and entrepreneur. MegsMenopause was launched in 2017 and is an open source of information and advice dedicated to empowering women through an honest and frank discussion of all things menopause.
Together, we speak about: ways in which cannabis can help alleviate symptoms of the menopause, bringing CBD products to market, and the power of cannabis.
• Once Meg turned fifty, she began to experience the first symptoms of the menopause. She was shocked at the lack of support and understanding shown to women during this time in their lives and made it her mission to break the stigma around the menopause.
• Meg started taking CBD after seeing her friend take it at night. This piqued her curiosity and decided to try it for herself. After three weeks of taking CBD, she was free from aches and pains associated with the menopause and sleeping well.
• She believed in CBD so much for alleviating symptoms of the menopause that she decided to bring out her own range of CBD products to support her views.
• The menopause is when a woman stops having periods and is no longer able to get pregnant naturally.
• The menopause is a natural part of ageing that usually occurs between 45 and 55 years of age, as a woman’s oestrogen levels decline. In the UK, the average age for a woman to reach the menopause is 51.
• There are 34 symptoms of the menopause which include anxiety, night sweats, fatigue, trouble sleeping, hot flushes, headaches, tender breasts, mood swings, weight gain, dry skin and difficulty concentrating.
• Meg is an advocate for the healing power of CBD specifically for menopausal women, having had first hand experience with its healing properties herself. She is now the founder and face of MegsMenopause, an open source of information and advice dedicated to empowering women going through the menopause.
• Megs products include skincare, intimate care, and CBD food supplements.
• Meg didn’t face any adversity or stigma when she decided to take the leap into CBD, her family and friends were very supportive, a direct contrast to many others who face a myriad of questions and doubt when they do the same.